Vacancy: VP of Engineering
Salaso is on a journey to change the world of physical rehabilitation, exercise and health and wellbeing. We are a fast-growing technology company producing personalised research driven technology infrastructure to scale clinical expertise. In short, Salaso empowers healthier lives through exercise.
Our disruptive technology is changing the traditional approach to healthcare and wellbeing, by integrating exercise and physical rehabilitation as a core pillar of healthcare. Salaso’s software platform enables healthcare providers deliver to high quality physical rehabilitation services for patients, achieving better clinical outcomes and quantifiable cost savings. The Salaso application also offers an employee wellbeing application for employers to their employees.
Our solution is differentiated by evidence based, high quality clinical content and ease of customisation to any disease state or therapeutic area.
Due to our continued growth and success, a new position of VP of Engineering has been created. This person will have global responsibility for Salaso’s technical architecture, software development, deployment, operations and support of Salaso’s first-in-class precision prescription exercise and wellbeing product.
As a senior leader, you will provide broad technical expertise and leadership in software execution and innovation at Salaso. You will be responsible for building and managing a thriving and dynamic software development team that is working at the forefront of digitally enabled precision prescription exercise and employee wellbeing platforms.
As a senior contributor on both a strategic and operational level, you will be instrumental in driving Salaso’s overall technology strategy to support the company’s long-term strategic goals. You are as comfortable working with your team as you are with the Board of Directors or with our client base. We are a predominantly an agile technical environment and we use the latest web technologies and tools – Angular, AWS, SQL Databases as well as No SQL, Micro services (Node Express), Unit testing/ Code coverage, Linux and Ionic/Cordova.
You will demonstrate outstanding teamwork ability with a proven track record in developing strong relationships with product development, marketing, customer success, sales and finance. Working with our national and international client base, you are able to lead and influence complex technical discussions with stakeholders and formulate solutions that balance strategic foresight and business imperative.
You are committed to performance, results, operational excellence and flexibility and have a track record of superior product delivery with excellent communication skills.
- Lead and direct software development, strategic and tactical planning and budgeting.
- Ensure flawless quality and scalability of all software, platforms and applications.
- Think strategically and operate tactically to drive and deliver on the technology and product vision.
- Partner with product management and other teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software applications that deliver for our client base and empower our end users.
- Actively work to build and mentor a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled software and technology team.
- Ensure that all systems are architected and executed in a manner to provide the on-time delivery of the product against goals with the best customer facing experience at the lowest cost.
- Optimise our ability to deliver high-volume web and mobile application offerings while efficiently increasing our capacity to deliver on customised offerings multiple times per year.
- Implement processes and metrics to ensure that the software team is efficient and focused.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is required (MSc or Ph.D. preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years in a software engineering management position such as Head of Development or VP of Engineering.
- Experience working in a scaling fast-growth technology organisation is desirable.
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best-practices in a technology SaaS organisation.
- Experienced in developing web applications in a public cloud environments with a good understanding of DevOps and automation.
- Experienced in managing complex technical and business challenges with a solution oriented approach.
- Experienced leading design and software development teams in an agile scrum development environment.
- Hands-on technical experience driving systems architecture, looking at the big picture and how the design will fit into the corporate strategy.
- Strong relationship builder and leadership skills.
- Passion for problem-solving and creative solutions.
- Competitive remuneration package, commensurate with candidate experience.
- Tralee, Co Kerry, Ireland.
- Open to remote working, dependent on the candidate.
This is a unique leadership opportunity for an experienced software development leader to join a scaling digital health technology company. To find out more about the role and arrange a confidential conversation, contact Gervaise Monks, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com